Sunday, December 7, 2014

Mother's Day and Father's Day Gifts

In the past I have done several different Mother's Day and Father's Day gifts; however, the gift that my class did last year was my favorite. The students were asked why they love their Mom and what they said word for word is what you see in the pictures. I did this for Mother's Day but you could easily do it for Father's Day. 













I saw this idea on Pinterest for Mother's Day and Father's Day. The letters are magnet letters and what the students are holding up is a dry erase board. The background is paper that are in huge rolls and the letters I cut out and glued to the paper. I asked the student why he or she loved his or her mom and then the student used inventive spelling to help spell the words. The students also used their knowledge of sight words to help them. Then I took pictures of each student and had the pictures developed at Walgreens.  Then the students decorated frames for their moms and we put magnets on the back of the frames. We gave the Moms their gifts at our annual Mother's Day Breakfast held at our school. The Moms loved them!

What have you given as Mother's Day and Father's Day gifts in your class?

1 comment: